Gauteng Department of Education
Cii Youth Foundation serves on the executive committee on provincial level and district level task teams in the GDE(Gauteng Department of Education) and FBO (Faith Based Organisations) partnership. The partnership has been strengthening with positive interaction from all stakeholders over the past few weeks. The developments thus far include:
- The Sedibeng Task Team has formulated a module to address Discipline in schools and the issue of Satanism that has grown much concern recently. Meetings will be scheduled soon to further refine the module. Strategies of implementation will also be discussed in the coming meetings. This has been a great achievement in a short space of time.
- Cii Youth Foundation members met with the head bishops, pastors and other religious leaders of the Gauteng region to discuss policies and strategies of programmes that will be presented in our schools. This meeting was successful and a draft working document was forwarded to the GDE.
- Cii Youth Foundation was called to attend an emergency meeting held in Soweto to address the issue of Satanic acts and its rise in three schools. This meeting also moved to elect a task team to implement strategies in addressing the challengers at schools.
- Cii Youth Foundation was mandated to draw up the plan and strategy to implement the Adopt – a – School programme for the FQE (Faith for Quality Education). This was concluded and submitted to the GDE.
- Cii Youth Foundation participated in sharing it’s programmes and the Adopt-a-School programme to members and leaders in the Ekurhuleni North district. The task team of this region has been mandated by the GDE to make suggestions and planning to take the processes forward.
- Cii Youth Foundation met with the Head of Communication of the GDE, Mr Charles Phahlane to discuss the FQE programme, strategies and the partnership.
7th National Quraan Memorisation Competition FInals 2012:
Cii Youth Foundation with other stakeholders will be convening the 7th National Quraan Memorisation Competition Finals 2012. The Grand Finale will be taking place at Masjidus Shafee, 8th Avenue, Mayfair, Gauteng. The Honourable Imaam of Makkah Mukarramah, Sheikh Maahir Mu’ayqli will be attending the finals and will be presenting the awards to all the participants. The competition has grown tremendously over the past few years. The structure of the Competition is as follows:
- Students register for the Regional Quraan Memorisation Competitions held across the country during the year.
- The winners from the Regional Quraan Competition automatically qualify for the National Quraan Memorisation Competition. This is a project of the Embassy of Saudi Arabia
- The winners from the National Quraan Memorisation Competition then qualify for the King Abdul Aziz International Quraan Memorisation Competition that is held in the Haram in Makkah Mukarramah
Media – Youth Talk
Learners of Roshnee Islamic School continue to present Youth Talk, LIVE every Saturday evening from 6 – 7 pm on Channel Islam International. This programme has contributed tremendously to the development of our youth in the field of Media. The programme has also attracted much attention from other Muslim Schools to be part of the initiative. The Cii Youth Foundation and Mr Abdullah Sujee, Principal – Roshnee Islamic School are brainstorming methods to accommodate and create opportunities for the youth and their respective schools to participate.
Journalism – YOUTH JUNCTION
Cii Youth Foundation and The Rising Sun (Lenasia) held its first meeting with all the participating learners in the Journalism programme. Learners responded and interacted positively during the meeting. The column will be called Youth Junction and the 1st edition of this exciting column will be published and released on 22 March 2012. The learners are from the following schools:
- MH Joosub Secondary School
- Lenasia Secondary School
- Nirvana Secondary School
- Lenasia Muslim School
- Al-Aqsa Secondary School
- Azaadville Muslim School
- University Students
Cii Youth Foundation was invited by Al-Islaamia Institute in Ladysmith for a fundraising dinner. A youth programme was also organised by the Ladysmith Muslim Youth (LMY) that was well attended after Fajr Salaah on the morning of the 11th March 2012. The Cii Youth Foundation would like to place on record our sincerest thanks to the Ameer of Al-Islaamia, Br. Shah Khan and Ameer of the Ladysmith Muslim Youth, Br. Bashir Kharva for extending an invitation to the Cii Youth Foundation. May Allah Ta’aala take the Al-Islaamia Institute and the Ladysmith Muslim Youth from strength to strength. Ameen. Alhamdulillah, the visit was extremely beneficial with many objectives achieved on the trip.
Nursery and Pre-Schools Islaamiyaat syllabus
. Presently the syllabus is being taught at the Little Pumpkins Nursery and Pre-Primary Montessori School, Florida Muslim Association and Nurul Islam Nursery and Pre-school.
Alhamdulillah, through the partnership of Cii Youth Foundation and Florida Muslim Association, the Florida project is growing at a rapid pace: The following has been achieved in the past month:
- Ml Shuaib Laher (Ml Abuluqmaan) has been appointed as Imaam of the Masjid
- The Madressa role has increased from 26 – 78 students at the Madressa
- The Class 8 class has been established
- The Hifz class has been structured. Presently there are 7 students
- All our teachers have attended teacher training programmes at the Lenasia Muslim Association and Khanqah Sheikh Zakariyya
- A fund-raising dinner is scheduled for 19 May 2012
- A youth event is scheduled for April – May 2012 for Florida and the surrounding towns
- Arrangements for learners from Florida High School to attend Jummuah Salaah has been finalised. Alhamdulillah, Learners have been attending the Jummuah Salaah over the last 3 weeks
- A parents evening was held on 15/02/2012. Alhamdulillah, the attendance was overwhelming as we work together in developing Deeni Taleem in the area
- To establish a Youth Center in Florida continues
S.Abu Bakr (R.A) learning Center and Maktab
Presently, The maktab programme has been launched with 32 students at the Madressa. The Madressa is targeted at learners who are attending private schools and schools in and around Lenasia. A Saturday morning class has also been introduced to accommodate deeni taleem for hifz students and private schools.
Annual Events for 2012 include
- 4th Regional Quraan Memorisation Competition 2012 (April 2012)
- 7th National Quraan Memorisation Competition 2012 with The Embassy of Saudi Arabia (March 2012)
- 2nd National 40 Ahaadeeth Memorisation Competition 2012 (July 2012)
- Mega Youth Event 2012 (October 2012)
- North West Muslim Youth Event 2012 (September 2012)
- Mpumalanga Muslim Youth Event (October 2012)
- Gauteng Muslim Youth Event (to be confirmed)
- Annual Summer Camp (December 2012)
- Spelling Bee in Florida (April 2012)
- Spelling Bee in Soweto (October 2012)
- Spelling Bee in East Rand (April 2012)
- Spelling Bee in Eldorado Park (September 2012)
- Annual Fundraising Dinner (May 2012)
East Rand Project
Ml Shaakeer Seedat can be contacted on 074 778 2786 for a detailed report.
A meeting was requested by Ml Ismail A.Rehman and Yusuf Davids of Bosmont to discuss youth programmes for the Bosmont area. Cii Youth foundation shared its programme, ideas and strategies that can be implemented to create programmes in the area.
Cii Youth Foundation sends regular reports on:
- Bulk email
- First things First – every Monday and Wednesday from 2:30 – 3:00pm
- Youth Talk – Saturday evening from 6-7pm
We make dua to Allah Ta’aala to accepts these efforts and crowns it with success in this world and the Aakhirah. Ameen.
Cii Youth Foundation is a registered Non-Profit Organisation – NPO No: 094-913-NPO dedicated to youth development. To support this initiative call: 084 584 7733 or
Cii Youth Foundation would like to extend our thanks and gratitude and say JAZAKALLAH KHAIR to:
1. Dawson and Dawson Group of Companies
2. Motordeal Nissan
3. Gauteng Coaches
5. Foot Focus
6. Autostyle Motorsport
7. Freeway Coaches
8. Intercity Express
9. Seedat’s Schoolwear
10. Oriental Muslim Butchery
And all those that support the Cii Youth Foundation physically, financially and spiritually by means of Dua.
We humbly request that you continue to remember the Cii Youth Foundation and its team in your duas.